Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Miley, Alice & Dorothy

I don't get this.
Does that make me old?

* * *


I have been asked to be "in conversation" with Alice Sebold onstage on Thursday October 25 at the San Jose Museum of Art. She has a new novel, The Almost Moon, coming out on October 16. I have a hot pre-pub copy in my hands and will be reading it after I finish re-reading The Lovely Bones and Lucky.


The Almost Moon is about a woman in her 40's who kills her senile 88-year-old mother. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to experience this, given that I'm in my 40's and my beloved mother has Alzheimer's.

If you have any questions you think I should ask Alice Sebold, please comment!

* * *

Tomorrow is Dorothy! We are all geared-up and excited.

3 comments:

Montgomery Maxton said...

the lovely bones ROCKS!

Collin Kelley said...

Can I just say how jealous I am. Okay...that's off my chest. :)

The Lovely Bones made me cry. So beautiful. But i didn't totally like the girl coming back as spirit and taking over her friend's body. That's always felt like a stretch to me.

Unknown said...

What fun!

I found her discussion of what she reads when--when brainstorming, composing, revising, etc..., that I could listen to it a bunch more times.

I was really interested in hearing more about "Lucky" and its afterlife--what it feels like to be known for having lived through a brutal rape, what it feels like to have these different audiences (or perhaps they aren't so different), but our time was up.

Anyway, have a great time and tell her hello from the blogosphere.

Best,
Anne