Monday, October 15, 2007

Salman & Alice

Up next at the Center for Literary Arts is Salman Rushdie.

I hear he's a fascinating speaker, a funny guy and a "brilliant conversationalist." Of course there are people around the world who hate him, and people who love him. That mix is undoubtedly good for his literary career.

Salon did a good piece on him here.

He'll be at SJSU's Morris Dailey Auditorium on Thursday, November 8 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets ($25 general, $10 students) available at the SJSU Box Offie and Ticketmaster.

*

Next week I interview Alice Sebold. You still have time to float questions to me that you think I should ask her.

2 comments:

Montgomery Maxton said...

Kate. see if you guys can get Edward Albee in to speak ... he is soooooo amazing.

The Rock Junkie said...

Hi Kate. I am so excited for you on the Rushdie inteview. He is fascinating.

I am an SJSU student and can't wait to see him when he comes here. I write for the Spartan Daily and will be covering the event but would love to talk to him as well. Any idea how I can make that happen? I would appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks in advance,
Briana