Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Not a Typical Tuesday

I was at the hospital all day today with my mom. She has fallen twice in the five weeks since my father died. It's been a rough, rough time to say the least.

When I got home tonight, our neighbors invited us over for a glass of wine--and sent us home with a casserole dish full of the best pasta dish I've ever eaten. I'm filled with the buzz of good wine and gratitude for friends.

And more good stuff in the midst of it all: Merge Press has announced on their website that they're working on the release of my novel.

And as requested by Merge Press, I've still been seeking out suggestions for a good cover image for my novel, For the May Queen (as I wrote about here). Below is one that appeals to me--it's very different from the "album cover" feel of the other one I was considering--but I'd want to crop out the wine glass since it looks too swanky for a dorm novel.

Would you buy a novel with this image on the cover?



4 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

Sorry to hear about your mom, Kate, but I'm glad she's there with you.

I LOVE that cover image. I would probaby cut the wine glass out as well and do a tight crop of the image of the woman. That's fab. Congrats on the novel!

Kate Evans said...

Thanks for your support of my life & writing, Collin.

ox

Collin Kelley said...

It's a pleasure to support you, Kate. You are light and life and a brilliant writer. Let me know when you're ready to head east for a book signing. We'll set you up. :)

Kate Evans said...

What sweetness. This made my day. Thank you.