Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ZZ & Smoke Like No Other

ZZ Packer is an endowed professor this semester. I've talked with her a few times in the hallway; she's very approachable, funny and kind. I'll be interviewing her onstage a couple of weeks, so if you have any questions you'd like me to ask her, float them my way.

I'm teaching her story collection right now in my creative writing classes. The more I study these stories, the more I'm impressed with her range, her ability to write from so many different perspectives.

*

A former student sent the following to me. It's way better than anything I've ever seen on the Grammys or American Idol:

2 comments:

Jo A. T.B. said...

Kate,
Had to come back and comment on this one. Hilarious, not sure if this is Japanese or Chinese. I noticed also you are having Kimiko
Hahn there in March. Kimiko was
my mother's name. :) Jo

Kate Evans said...

Yes, isn't it catchy?! :)I think it's Japanese (at least the writing beneath the title is. (I lived in Japan for a year...but have lost most of my Japanese, unfortunately.)

Kimiko is a melodic name. I think it's beautiful.