Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm Baa-ck

Okay, I know I wasn't away long. But on Friday, Saturday and today I cranked on a writing project--ten-hour writing days. When I get like that, writing can be addicting.

I have four writerly pals who are going to read it and give me feedback.

I'm nervous about this project, but I want to know the truth. I want to make it the best it can be. I don't want an ounce of it to be sentimental, simplistic or unclear--because it's the most important thing I've ever written.

Now I can give myself some breathing space. Once I get feedback (probably within a month or so), I'll be able to revise with fresh eyes.

In the meantime, I'm going to dive into the research for my historical novel--and to take some time during this break to walk on the beach, have dinner with friends, and to hang out with Annie and my mom.

And I'm staying away from email for a whole week! At least that's the plan. Let's see if I can do it. If not, I might need an intervention.

3 comments:

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

Kate: This sounds like a wonderful work which will help others in the caregiving process. Good luck with it. Elaine

Isaiah Vianese said...

Thanks for posting a comment on my blog! I find "Being and Writing" encouraging, and I hope my readers will too.

Collin Kelley said...

Welcome back, honey. Glad you got some work done!