Monday, October 20, 2008

See ya on the flip side

Atlanta rocked. What a festival. For more about it, check out Collin's blog. I full-on agree with him about what he says about Kate Bornstein. She's incredible. The memoir she's working on (she read a few pages from it) is going to be amazing. She writes about her 16 years as a Scientologist (when she was a man) and whee, what a trip. Now Kate doesn't identify as a man or a woman, per se. Her most recent book, which I read on the plane on the way home, is amazing. It should be required reading for all 15 year olds.

I'm taking a little break from blogging, facebooking, myspacing, etc. etc. so I can focus on my writing. I'll be back in a few weeks to celebrate the election of President Obama.

In the meantime, in the words of Elvis, don't be cruel. Follow Kate Bornstein's one rule: don't be mean. I like that. Try to be kind to one another, even when you feel like ripping someone's head off. I'll try to follow my own advice. I want to be anti-war not only in my politics but in my heart.

3 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

I'm glad you came and had such a positive experience here. Enjoy your writing time. Watch your mailbox for books and that promised manuscript. xo

Dustin Brookshire said...

was fab meeting you!

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Kate, It was wonderful to meet you. I am soooo enjoying "For THe may Queen". I would've already finished it, but as I mentioned to you, if I love something, I slow down my rhythm so it'll last longer. I don't want it to end.
In regards to being anti-war: I agree, but I try to say "Pro-Peace", as it tends to have a more positive sound to it(Been to gazillions of Peace Vigils). But I've been to lots of Anti-War Rallies, too!
www.practicewhatyoupeace.blogspot.com/
Enjoy your break from blogging!