Monday, October 20, 2008

See ya on the flip side

Atlanta rocked. What a festival. For more about it, check out Collin's blog. I full-on agree with him about what he says about Kate Bornstein. She's incredible. The memoir she's working on (she read a few pages from it) is going to be amazing. She writes about her 16 years as a Scientologist (when she was a man) and whee, what a trip. Now Kate doesn't identify as a man or a woman, per se. Her most recent book, which I read on the plane on the way home, is amazing. It should be required reading for all 15 year olds.

I'm taking a little break from blogging, facebooking, myspacing, etc. etc. so I can focus on my writing. I'll be back in a few weeks to celebrate the election of President Obama.

In the meantime, in the words of Elvis, don't be cruel. Follow Kate Bornstein's one rule: don't be mean. I like that. Try to be kind to one another, even when you feel like ripping someone's head off. I'll try to follow my own advice. I want to be anti-war not only in my politics but in my heart.
Post a Comment